Teached by professor Dariush Derakhshani, it’s a quick course that show us the importance of a good Story Development in Video Games.
The benefits of a good narrative:
- Create an emotional connection between players and characters.
- Motivates players to complete the game, showing it’s purpose.
- Story is a Designer’s voice inside the game, teaching players about the world.
The principal mechanics that could be developed to increase our Story quality:
- Define a main idea through Story Spine that should be follow by all game world.
- Develop characters sheets that show their personalities, motivations, life choices, goals and connections.
- Create Sceneries that follows the Story Spine and emerges Players into the World.